Term 1 Project

Zoe, Eleanor and I researched the Circulatory System. We worked together with great progress and were facinated about the true wonders of this system.

The Circulatory System is one of the most important systems in the body. It controls the blood flow! It starts of with healthy blood leaving the heart and going into the arteries. The arteries lead into the veins, then the veins leading it all around the body. This whole process is called circulation.

I felt very confident in both my presentation and in the efforts put into our project. We had the right amount of neccesary information. We all felt finished in both our model, cue cards and presentation. We explained our information at a moderate pace and we were clear with the information that we shared.

Some of the facts I learnt were that the Circulatory System is connected to both the Respiratory and Digestive systems because they both need blood to keep them working. Also that the three common diseases of the system are Hypertension, Cardiomyopathy and Coronary Artery Disease. Thirdly, wholegrain foods and exercise help keep the system healthy.

Some understandings I gained were that the there is more to the heart and blood. It is a whole variety of veins and arteries. I now also understand that the veins and arteries are like freeways for the blood.

Lastly, this project left me wondering about how the blood rushes to your head and why it happens.

heart

Edna Body model assessment
edna skin
Edna Chart